The Winery 2




5.5"X3.5" Pen & watercolour pencil on paper

I managed to get out to paint at lunchtime but it was a little chilly so I sat in my car. The last time I painted this was in November.

That was an embarrassing occasion. I forgot to turn my lights off and when I tried to start the car to go back to work I found that my battery was dead . I had to walk back, about a kilometer and then find someone to give me a boost. I never seem to have my cell phone when I need it either.

This little Moleskine sketchbook is really too small for this sort of subject. I need to be more selective in both my choice of subject and my treatment. I liked the way these vines retreat into the distance, even incorporating a little dip in the middle ground, a rare occurrence in this part of the world. I took some photos too, so maybe one day I will work it up, if I can ever get it together to paint some larger pieces.

Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. Nothing wrong with small paintings. Your sketch has a near perfect setting, especially with the vines describing the dip in the terrain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah, I think Stephen is right - this little painting works well but maybe you will need your other references also if you work it up bigger. I love your use of olive greens against the more blue-y greens of the foliage.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts