Lilac Bush




8"X10" Oil on canvas

While not quite plein air this was at least from life. The boys all went to watch the Jays play this afternoon. This allowed me to paint in the kitchen which is the best room in the house by far for painting. At first I was going to do a still life but I couldn't settle on anything.



This is through the west window and the time is afternoon so the light is very bright, shining through some leaves and glancing off the surface of others. It was quite windy and the light was changing fast so I decided that there was no hope of being at all precise. I didn't even do a preliminary drawing, just jumped right in with both feet and a full paintbrush.


Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. Hello Sarah
    A lovely delicate painting and cleverly composed.
    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it paid off, it looks very lively. Well done Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts