Friday, 29 May 2009

Girl Reading




16"X20" Oil on board

I am still in a creative slump so I thought I would pull one from the archives again. This is only a couple of years old and is a rare attempts by me to paint solely from a sketch. The likeness is abysmal and I was so unhappy with the head that I painted over it several times. I am pretty sure that this painting no longer exists in this form. I started out thinking that I could do something Modiglianiesque, but somehow when it came to the face I just got all literal (without actually getting it right). The result is that it looks pasted on.

I have so many old paintings that I am not happy with, some from my Daily Painting days and some from before. I am wondering if I should start a new project, try to resolve some of these issues, go back and kick the can again? I need to do something different because I seem to have run up against a brick wall. I am boring myself to distraction.




Posted by Picasa