Snowdrops



6"X4" Watercolour on paper


And now for something completely different. It is time to get back to matters closer at hand. I haven't been working much in watercolour and I thought that these little snowdrops, almost buried still in last year's leaves, would be a good place to start.

I used some hand made paper that I bought at the Tate gift shop last year, it makes a change and I really need to practice more, especially doing deep saturated colour like this one.

I see that I just acquired my 50th "follower" and I now occasionally have over 80 subscribers according to Feedburner (the number fluctuates wildly, but rarely goes below 75 and has been as high as 82). I find myself  to be both gratified and somewhat intimidated by this. I hope you all find something interesting here, I haven't been posting as regularly for the past few months as I did in my first two years, but perhaps that is a good thing!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. Lovely piece. The snowdrops really stand out against the darker background. I find watercolours to be intimidating. One has to know where the painting is going from the beginning...no chances to make mistakes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts