Snake




6"X4" Watercolour on paper

It is archive Monday. No time to paint today but I pulled out this one which I see I painted in July 2001. I remember I went down to the river at lunchtime with the thought of doing a landscape and I nearly stepped on this little chap so I changed my mind and painted him instead. He is obviously a garter snake of some kind but I am afraid I don't know which one. As well as the Common Garter Snake, we also have Butler's Garter Snake and The Eastern Ribbon Snake in Ontario. I have just joined the Sketching in Nature Flickr group so you may be seeing some more of these studies After all I have difficulty finding enough urban subjects for the Urban Sketchers group so I might as well go with the flow, for a while at least.

Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts