Dayliles




5"X8" Watercolour pencil on paper

This one is a couple of years old but still quite seasonal. The paper I used was a handmade notebook with handmade paper from somewhere in southeast Asia. I thought it might work quite well for watercolour and so it might, but it is a bit soft for pencils. Still, I quite liked the way this one turned out. It was another of my lunchtime daily sketches from before I started actually posting them and to be honest they weren't all that daily really. The spirit was willing but the flesh was weak. The main reason I blog is to impose some self discipline when I don't really have anything else driving me.

Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. Nice watercolor. I fully agree that we all need a reason to paint, otherwise we will stop. I think blogging can fill that purpose as can art shows but they become very difficult to enter most of the time. Without an audience the desire to paint seems to evaporate.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts