April Showers




5"X7" Acrylic on paper

Actually it has been more like torrential rain followed by howling gale. The photograph I used today was actually taken exactly a year ago, so I guess the weather is pretty seasonal.


I thought I should have another crack at the acrylics despite the fact that they really aren't my favourite medium. I am not sure why, I know plenty of people who much prefer them to oils or watercolours but I can never seem to get them to do what I want.





Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. I like this one Sarah, I would have thought it was oil by looking at it. I also have problems with acrylics, I only use them for the abstract paintings I make with masking tape. I think they set up too fast otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love acrylics though they can be quite difficult to use. But the very reason why they're frustrating to a lot of people is what attracts me to them. Sometimes speed is the most impt factor to me and acrylics come in very handy.

    Great work though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts