Trailers in the Snow Again




7"X5" WC pencil on paper


The high temperature today was -14C at noon. Going to work this morning and coming home, it was a lot colder than that, especially with the "wind-chill factor".



I have had this photograph since around this time last year, but I drove past them today and the light looked much the same so I thought I would give them a shot. I really must give up trying to do anything in colour at night though, the light is just too bad.


It was one of my ambitions for this year to take one a month from last years posts and develop it into a larger painting. I find that looking at the thumbnails actually helps decide whether the composition really works. However, here I am halfway through January and still haven't started. I wonder how much longer I can continue to use my computer breakdown as an excuse?


Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. I agree painting at night's not a very good idea but yet again some amazing creations do occur when there's poor lighting. Great work.
    I always love the way you keep things loose.

    It's interesting seeing those electric poles!!!! I always thought they can only be seen here in Africa. mmmmh interesting!!! I discover a lot about your area by looking at your works.

    Thanks for the link. I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where I live is just a few miles/kilometres from Niagara Falls where one of the first hydro-electric power generators was first built (electricity is often shortened to "hydro" around here which is confusing for outsiders)so the surrounding area is a web of power lines, big and small. Only very recently have they started to put some of them underground.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts