Sarah's House




8"X6" Oil on board

I have painted so many gloomy winter days recently, so when I woke up to brilliant sunshine and a fresh dusting of powdery snow, I thought I should redress the balance.
Shortly after we moved into this house I painted this same view in summer. It was a different colour then and still had the old aluminum storm windows. Now we have our handsome new/old wooden storms which are much prettier but I don't have the shutters back up, because they haven't been painted yet. Eventually the doors and shutters will be red.




Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. a joy to watch, ... great light.

    you relly can feel that you have enjoying yourself while painting it.

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how much difference sunshine makes everywhere it is found. Down here we get so much of the sun that sometimes I forget how beautiful it is.

    Beautiful painting once again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts