Forsythia




7"X5" Oil on panel



I have done enough fruit for a while I think.


I tried to keep this one loose, but then I got all tied up with reflections of silver on polished walnut and polished walnut on silver and reflections of reflections etc. So I decided it was time to stop.


The forsythia is from my garden, I brought them in to force. The only thing actually flowering outside are some brave snowdrops. I don't know what happened to my aconite, it would usually have been and gone by now but I see no sign of it. There should be some crocii too but I can't see them either. How much fell prey to the vicious winter and how much got stomped on last year when we were painting the house, I don't know.



This painting can be purchased in my Etsy shop


Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts