Early Apricots




7"X5" Oil on panel



These are painted a little larger than life size, they are very small and not quite ripe. I do love soft fruit season, soon it will be peaches which are probably my favourite. This hasn't been a good year for the fruit growers though, too much rain.

They are in another Chinese bowl, a modern one this time, and I thought that it was time that I tried to tackle the dreaded ellipse again. I can always see the problems after I photograph and upload it. I suppose it would be easier if I wasn't trying to finish it in one sitting. There are some corrections that are just easier to make when the paint is dry. Never mind, it isn't too bad I think.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. It isn't bad at all. I wonder what problem you saw after you photographed this beautiful work. I love the effect of light on the Apricots and bowl.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts