Youngstown NY

8"X5.5" Pen & Ink
An interesting day. I must have walked through half a dozen climate zones on my lunchtime walk. It went from cool and overcast to gale-force wind to blazing-hot sunshine to storm-laden clouds and back to sirocco-like hot wind again.

I have drawn and painted this scene several times already. That's what happens when there is a strategically placed, comfortable bench by the river on the Niagara Parkway.

By the time I had walked down here I only had about half an hour but I provided entertainment for some passing cyclists and helped them to avoid an extensive detour by pointing out that they were in fact on the right track to get back into Niagara-on-the-Lake. They were ready to go back the way they came, which might have taken them to Niagara Falls, about 10 miles!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. A lovely drawing of Youngstown. Everything fits so well together, even the boats blending in well with the background. The only time I go to Youngstown is for the level Regatta, so I have spent some time on the river which has an incredibly strong current...the local sailboat racers definitely have a home advantage.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts