Solstice




5.5"X3.5" Watercolour & ink in Moleskine

Not a very good photograph but I was too lazy to scan it (I have to take my laptop into the other room). This is really "Noon on the Common 158" or something, but I thought I would take advantage of the date to call it something else. I found a great spot with my back to the wall of RH1 (the main rehearsal studio, otherwise known as the Studio Theatre for a few weeks of the year). I think that this tree has figured in a few paintings and drawings over the past few years too.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. solstice comes and goes and seems so fleeting. Hard to believe that the days will get shorter from now on. Lovely picture. I don't think one can paint a subject too many times. There can be a new picture every day. This looks like a beautiful spot to sit and paint. I agree with you that we need to protect as many spots as we can. Urban sprawl will find its way everywhere.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts