Tomato Night




5"X7" Acrylic on board



I have talked a lot about the tomatoes that we process every year, I thought it was time to immortalize the ritual with a painting. We are about halfway through the 14 bushels we plan to freeze this year and here are my boys hard at work last night. I took half a dozen pictures before they got fed up with me and I chose this one as having the best composition.


This is quite a departure for me, I have very little experience with acrylics and I think this is the first time I have ever done a figure study with them. My old friend Georgina, a very accomplished artist herself, encouraged me to give them another go. I bought myself a "Stay-wet" palette today and I must say it does help, although I do miss the buttery texture of oils, and I am used to being able to paint wet-in-wet. I will definitely persevere though.

Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts