Avondale Dairy Bar




6"X9" Marker on paper



The Avondale Dairy Bar is one of my favourite places in the Niagara Peninsula. I have wanted to paint it for years but it is very hard to encapsulate in one painting. One of the best parts about it is the view, especially on a summer evening when there is a boat going through the canal. Then there is the inside, with it's 1950s decor and the Buddy Holly and Everly Brothers hits that they play incessantly. The best part about it is that it isn't "retro", it just is, I don't think it has changed since it was first built. Then of course there is the ice-cream! I may well try a few more of these studies to see if I can find anything that works. At least this one has the evening sky reflected in the upper glass.

Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. Very nice job , the contrast are great.
    Keep up the good work.
    Dominique

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts