Cherub


5"X7" Oil on panel



As an "artist" or at least a painter, I have the perfect excuse to indulge in my natural instinct to hoard. I can always convince myself that I "might want to paint it one day". This little chap falls into that category. He once belonged to my late mother-in-law and was a present from her sister. I expect he has a history but I don't know what it is, he was probably purchased in a museum shop and is a replica of one of their exhibits. He stands only 3" tall (including stand!) and is gilded to look like solid gold.


The little lumps of "gold" around the base were part of some fancy gift packaging, I couldn't bring myself to throw them away because, well, you guessed it.
This is practically actual size, but I painted it at about 2:1, not that easy to do, especially with my middle-aged eyes.


Click here to bid

Comments

Popular Posts