Valentine's Tulips


7"X5" Oil on panel



We aren't big on Hallmark occasions in this house, but I saw these in the farm market yesterday and bought them for the men in my life. I do find flowers a challenge to paint in oils. I used to do a lot of intricate watercolour botanicals, very different from this. I may return to them one day but in the mean time my daily painting practice seems to be taking me in a very different direction. Each day I seem to be reaching for something a little beyond my grasp, something that takes me in a new direction.

Next week I will be in London and I am not sure what I am going to do about this blog. I plan to take my sketchbooks with me, maybe my watercolour pochade too but I haven't decided whether to take my laptop so I may or may not be posting. I will probably schedule a few posts with some archival material.

I am certainly looking forward to lots of enriching gallery viewing and I am going to have to be very careful not to spend too much in the art supply shops.


Comments

  1. Beautiful flowers Sarah. You have nice way of painting them in oil. Have a good trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the way you have zoomed in on these flowers Sarah; cutting off top and bottom gives it energy. And tulips are such beautiful flowers. Have a great time in London. It has wonderful galleries. I especially love the Tate Modern and the National Portrait Gallery.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts