February Light




10"X 8" Oil on canvas

Dipping into the archive for this one. I did it about three years ago, before I had any idea about blogs, but in the spirit of daily painting. I was trying to paint regularly alla prima. Often they were little found still-lifes like this one, short on composition but long on spontaneity. I am very fond of the old vinegar jug which I use for my plant water, I have painted it several times. The rosemary "Christmas tree" didn't survive, I have great difficulty keeping rosemary alive through the winter I am not sure why, most things do OK.

Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. Very nice Sarah, this still life with a window reminds me of some I've seen by Andre Derain but I like yours better. Translucent yet reflective surfaces like the jug are always enjoyable to look at, sort of a solid object that isn't there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts