February Evening




7"X5" Watercolour on paper

Still very cold but going up to 7C with rain this weekend apparently.


In case anyone is interested, when I can't work from life, I take a very low resolution picture with my cell phone, look at the thumbnails to see what composition seems most effective and then work something up from there. The ones I like best I may work up further at some point, although my painting a month resolution is already falling by the wayside. I have abandoned January for the time being beacuse I am very dissatisfied with it, and I don't have much of February left. I am going to be in England for the latter part of the month and won't be doing any larger paintings while I am there. I do hope to do some skething though and I will take my watercolour pochade with me.

Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. It's interesting to know to what extent you go in order to ensure you have the perfect subject/scene to paint. It's really admirable.

    I wish I could be that determined. Can't remember the last time I took a shot with my phone. And it should be handy now that my camera's acting up. Thanks for sharing this great suggestion.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts