Black Eagle Sunset ACEO

2.5"X3.5" Acrylic on paper.


During my recent visit to Puerto Rico I did very little painting, relying instead on sketches, snapshots and colour notes. The colour notes are necessary because the camera rarely records colours acurately. This is especially true of skies, and sunsets and sunrises in particular.

We ate one night at the Capo LLena, a very nice restaurant at Black Eagle in Rincon. The food is good and the service friendly, but its main claim to fame is the spectacular view from the dining patio.

As well as taking some photographs, I made a point of making colour notes because I knew that the deep scarlet-orange of the sun would be completely washed out in the pictures. I still haven't really been able to get it right, but here I have tried to convey what I remember.

Comments

Popular Posts