Peaches Again

5"X7" Oil on board

The peaches have been so exquisite this year, I decided to have another go. This time, to add even more pain, I placed them on a highly polished mahogany surface. So between reflections, shadows and fuzz, I gave myself plenty to keep me challenged.

For some reason, this one was more than usually difficult to photograph, either not enough light, or too much surface shine.

I recommend the Quiet Acres (www.qa.on.ca) roadside stand on the Lakeshore road in Niagara-on-the-Lake. They might just have the best peaches in Canada right now. They only sell their own produce, so you can usually buy tree-ripened fruit which has just been picked and has barely traveled any distance. They sell all sorts of other fruits and vegetables too, but only what they grow themselves and only in season.

Comments

Popular Posts