Hacienda



7"X5" Oil on board

I have been very uninspired by my surrounding countryside of late. Perhaps because I have painted it all already and can't think of anything fresh to say. So I used the humid heat of the day to help me get into the mood for this one.

My sister and her partner have an orange farm in Puerto Rico. It is really just a few orchards carved out of the jungle, very different from the neat, orderly, flat orchards you find around here in the Niagara Peninsula.

This is the farmhouse, they don't live there, so it has a rather sad an neglected air about it. I think I took my photo at around nine in the morning (after working for three hours) the heat was already becoming uncomfortable so my sister and I took a walk up the creek to look at the waterfall. I may try to paint that although my photographs are very poor so I  will have to employ a fair amount of memory and imagination.


Posted by Picasa

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts