January Sunset Abstract

12"X9" Watercolour on paper

OK, bear with me. I know it has been a long time, I stopped calling myself a "Daily Painter" some time ago but I have really fallen off the waggon recently.

Life has kinda gotten in the way of my painting and I have also been feeling very dissatisfied with my "style", such as it is. I plan to ease myself back into it gently. First of all, I will try to post at least once per week. Secondly, I will be doing much more experimenting.

I have always wanted to be an abstract expressionist but I am pretty hopeless at it. I cheated shamelessly with this one, starting with a fuzzy photograph, taken from a moving vehicle, I blurred it further in Photoshop and cropped a bit that I liked. I then used this as my reference. I should have used better paper but I am too cheap to waste good paper on an experiment

I have doctored a few more photos that I will use the same way. I am hoping that this will get me back into the groove, because the thought of sitting down and painting another bowl of fruit is leaving me cold right now.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts