Morning Walk



7"X5" Acrylic on board


Still in Rincon, looking north-east on "Sandy Beach" at about 6:45 am. This is a surfing beach but not too many are here this early in the day.

With practice we learn to paint certain subjects. I have never been a big fan or the Bob Ross method, "this is how you paint a tree" but nonetheless we learn that certain conventions work in certain situations; one kind of brush, a certain mix of paint. Palm trees are almost entirely new to me and I am realizing that it might take me a while to learn how to paint them. So far they all seem to look like feather dusters.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. I think your palm trees are great. The thumbnail of this on my blog list really caught my eye. The light is wonderful, the pinks in the sky and sand take the eye around the painting. The scattered people on the beach add that bit of life that happens in early morning. The dark values help to bring out the lights as well. And such great detail in a 5x7!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts