Smugglers'Cove 2




5"X7" Acrylic on board

This time looking South-East, more or less toward Niagara Falls.

I based both yesterday's and today's pictures on very low resolution photos from my cell phone. I then cropped them even further so it certainly prevents the inclusion or unnecessary detail. The colours aren't very good either so I am left calling upon memory to keep it real.

I am still not sure that I wouldn't have done better to finish them with oils. I am persevering with the acrylics because I can see the advantages, easy clean up, quick reworking etc. I have a stay-wet palette which helps a lot but I am still not used the the incredibly fast drying time on the canvas and I miss the soft, buttery texture of oils.


Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. I think both of these are lovely Sarah. I cant work with acrylics because of the fast drying, im sure you would get used to it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I have a lot of trouble with the fast drying but I am working on it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts