Noon Shadows




11"X3.5" Watercolour pencil & pen on paper


The same parking lot where I sat to sketch the winery the other day but looking North instead of West. There is a footpath running all along the Niagara River, very popular with walkers, cyclists and roller-bladers.


I am still using this little Moleskine watercolour sketchbook but I am not sure how much I like it. I am not keen on the extra wide format and would prefer a standard portrait format that I can turn around or use a double page when I want to. I realize that I am almost committing sacrilege admitting any reservations about the almighty Moleskine but I do think that they are just a teensy bit overrated. Their regular plain pocket sketchbook for instance, at around $14 CND is no better than the Derwent sketchbook of the same size that retails for about $8. Watercolour sketchbooks are hard to find, so I was pretty excited when I picked up my Moleskine in London, but surely someone could make one more cheaply. I have made my own before, and may have to do so again.

Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. It looks like a pleasant day out in the park. Nice sketch. I don't know who makes my sketch book. It's one of those black binder types with a glued back

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts