Pink Rose




10"X14" Watercolour and gouache on paper

The excellent Katherine Tyrrell did a blog post
on botanical art yesterday, specifically Pierre-Joseph Redouté. This inspired me to pull one from my archives (about 20 years old). I used to do a lot of this sort of thing but have lost patience for them recently. The way I flutter around though, I may try again one day.

When I was at Kew Gardens last month I visited The Shirley Sherwood Gallery of Botanical Art. If you get a chance, do drop in. Admission is included with entrance to the gardens and it is a wonderful collection. All the items have been in the possession of Kew for many years but are only just now accessible to the public. There are some wonderful works there by Thomas Baines and Mariann North as well as many others.

Comments

  1. Terrific painting. I appreciate how one may tire from doing such meticulous work. I feel often the same way myself. For me the experience seems to melt away if I don’t get in down quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really lovely work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts