Hat




10"X8" Graphite on paper



Hats, nobody wears them anymore, except the ubiquitous baseball cap. I hate to put sunscreen on my face, so I usually wear a hat in the summer but I feel slightly eccentric, or worse yet, affected. Still, I am old enough not to care too much.


I have been dissatisfied with most of what I have been painting recently so it is (literally) back to the drawing board. In my ongoing quest to conquer the ellipse I thought this summer straw would be a good subject. It is interesting how I can often see problems with a piece when it is already scanned and on the screen that I couldn't see when I was drawing/painting it. I am seeing that the band doesn't turn the corner properly and appears to flatten out. I obviously need to keep at it.


Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts