Saturday, 6 March 2010

Waiting for the Plane




5.5"X3.5" Pencil in moleskine

Well I am back from my travels and ready to start posting again. I did some sketching in Puerto Rico and took hundreds of photographs, both with my Canon EOS and with my new toy. I bought a very cheap ($100) mini-camcorder before I left. It has 5 Megapixels, an 8 Gigabyte SD card and a lithium-ion battery which can be recharged with a usb cable. The lens is, needless to say, not very good and there is no optical zoom, only digital. It takes both videos and stills, I had enormous fun with it and took video clips with it like they were snapshots. I still have to find a way to edit them into something manageable, but I have hours of reference material and will start working on it soon.
I will post some of my sketches first, more-or-less in order, and then some paintings as I work on them. This first drawing was just one of my fellow travellers at the airport.
Posted by Picasa