Underground to Charing Cross


7"X5.5" Pencil on paper



On the second day of my trip to London I decided to go to the National Gallery and the National Portrait Gallery. As it turned out I spent five hours in the National Gallery and didn't have time to go to the National Portrait Gallery, that will have to wait for another trip.



I found myself developing a deep envy of the public transport system, not so much for its usefulness but for the opportunities that it affords for figure drawing. I live about 12 miles form my place of work and there is no public transport available at all, not just inconvenient or infrequent, but none at all!



This handsome chap was very cooperative and sat staring into space like this for some time, apparently completely unaware of my attention.

Comments

  1. Yeah I quite agree with you that London's public transport system affords one a lot of opportunities for drawing and making quick sketches.

    What struck me the most when I visited London was how so many people could simply disappear into their own world quite oblivious of who or what was happening around them (just like your subject).

    You surely made good use of your time and the opportunities that made themselves readily available.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great study, It's always a pleasure to go unnoticed when sketching. nice job.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts