Morning Smoke

 


7"X5" Watercolour & WC pencil on paper



It was such a beautiful morning that I couldn't resist stopping at the river on my way into work. I didn't have time to paint or even sketch of course, so I took a few photographs. This old chap was the only other person there, just standing under the trees smoking a big fat smelly cigar. I am guessing it is a morning ritual, probably the only place he is still allowed to smoke. The smell of it reminded me how rarely you smell cigar smoke these days, and I can't remember the last time I smelled or even saw a pipe! Just as well I am sure, but there was something nostalgic about the moment nonetheless.

Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. This is a great painting as well. Beautiful colors. And nice directional lines in there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts