Another Morning on the River

20"X16" Oil on canvas

This, of course is on the bank of the Niagara River, looking towards Youngstown, NY.

I was going to rework an old image again. it was an image very much like this one, probably taken in the same place. I had painted it as a watercolour about three years ago. I had it all sketched out in charcoal on my canvas but it really wasn't working. Then I remembered that I had taken a photograph just a week or so ago at much the same place and I thought I would try that instead. I posted my WIP here, here and here, in the first one you can still see a faint ghost of the other tree behind it.

As usual, I found it very hard to call this done but I think I will leave it alone for now.

$700 - Currently available at TAG Art Gallery in St. Catharines

Comments

  1. What a great feel this painting has! Very moody early spring. Lovely light. Its good to see you painting more! I agree with your previous comment that all paintings are in danger of being over worked. Knowing when to stop is the hard part!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts