Waiting for the Surf




5"X7" Acrylic on board

I nearly called this one "Not the Jersey Shore", although there is a good chance that these are Jersey Boys. Most of the surfers in Rincon seem to come down from New Jersey. This is Pools Beach in Puntas, on the Atlantic side of Rincon. Some of the best surfing in the world, I am told.

As I write this the Jersey shore is being evacuated in the path of Irene, while the surfers are flocking to the beach in the hope of catching historic waves of 20 or 30 feet. It takes all sorts I guess.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. I Don't Know Why The Boys Are Waiting For Surfing But The Painting And The Art Is Supperb,Such A Great Post.Thanks For Sharing This Post With Us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I don't really understand surfing culture either, but the dedicated surfers will sit on the beach for hours, waiting for the surf to be just right.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts