Snow Day


5"X7" Oil on card

Well the "blizzard" wasn't nearly as bad around here as forecast, but I decided that I didn't want to risk the rural roads to work anyway. I did some work at home and spent about an hour shovelling. I got off lightly because my sainted neighbour wanted to try out her new snow-blower and my sidewalk (150') provided ample practice! It is still snowing so I will have to get out there again shortly.

These orchids aren't quite in bloom yet, any day now. This just started out as a sketch but I rather liked the composition.

SOLD
Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. I spent lots of today shovelling, then shovelling again as the plow filled in the driveway!
    The colors of this piece really makes one feel that they are cozy inside on a cold blustery day. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful piece! I love the mood.
    I spent part of Wednesday with the snow blower as well! I actually love it.... LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts