Track Meet




7"X5" Graphite on paper



I didn't have time to paint today because I went to an indoor track meet with my sons. I took my sketchbook along because I thought it would be a great opportunity to do some figure studies. I had forgotten that from the gallery the runners are so far away as to be almost invisible. So I mostly contented myself with the spectators. I actually really enjoyed drawing them, they tend to sit still and by painting them from behind I rarely had to worry about faces. I did a few of these, I may post some more later in the week if I get desperate.


Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. Even Though I don't hope you get desperate I do like to see them all! Pity though that you used a pencil, something more sustainable like permanent marker or Indian ink would be a lovely challenge as well. When you have the time you could give it a shot with a matchstick and Sepia ink, .. I love that it's soo little more effort to take with you but so much more challenging to draw with.

    Take care,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do use marker pens quite a lot. Classic india or sepia ink would have been quite a challenge under the circumstances, whether with matchstick, quill or steel-nib. I will try again sometime soon though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts