Band Shell




7"X5" Graphite on paper



Many years ago, I worked in a photographic processing lab. I would see thousands of pictures every day, family occasions and vacations as well as portraits and scenic shots. It was amazing how many of the latter were almost identical. A particular place on the Trans-Canada Highway where the sun goes down behind a certain mountain at certain times of year creating a tailor made "photo op" would sometimes show up several times a day. I would see some of them so many times that I almost felt I had been there. This band shell which sits on the edge of Lake Ontario, almost at the mouth of the Niagara River, is such a familiar sight as to be a cliché. I have drawn and painted it myself several times. So today, when I have so little time and even less energy, it was an easy way out.

Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts