Barn and Silo




5"X7" Watercolour and pencil on paper



When I started doing these daily paintings I didn't really know what to expect. I wasn't sure how long I would be able to keep it up. I hoped to be able to do some life studies, some plein air and most of all I wanted to be able to work through a number of ideas for subjects that I would later paint larger. In some ways I have been quite successful. I have painted every day since January 4th, I have created working sketches for many subjects that have long appealed to me and in doing so have got some of them out of my system while still wanting to take some further.

But the downside of all this is that I have absolutely no time to paint anything else. With a full-time job, two teenagers and a house that needs a great deal of work, I may have to cut back to maybe three times a week in the interests of quality over quantity!

Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts