Whirligigs



 12"X12" Oil on canvas

I'm back (maybe)

I finally have some time on my hands and am able to paint again with some regularity, so perhaps I can post a little more frequently too.

Every April, NAC (Niagara Artists Centre) hold a fund-raiser called "Small Feats". I have posted about it before but I haven't submitted anything for a couple of years. Over the past couple of weeks I have painted 7 square foot paintings with a view to choosing 3 to submit for consideration. I think I already know which ones I will submit, but I will post them all here anyway. They all have a Niagara theme, as do most of my paintings.

This one shows a couple of the wind machines that guard our vineyards against late and early frost. Everywhere else in the world a windmill usually generates electricity, here in wine country they actually require propane to run.

Comments

Popular Posts