Another January Sky

3.5" X 2.5" acrylic on paper ACEO

I went at this a different way this time. I took an old photo, messed around with it in Brushes with much the same method that I used yesterday by painting on a new layer so that nothing remains of the original photo. Then I used that as the source for my painting.

I am trying to get as far away from the photographic reference as possible, without having to rely entirely on my memory and imagination, something that I am not very good at.

Ultimately I would like to do a series of these sky paintings in a slightly larger scale than my usual 5x7. I would like to create a slightly more abstract effect also, while remaining true to the mood and palette of the original. The colors look a bit off here, but that is largely due to a poor scan.

Comments

Popular Posts