Queen Street Niagara-on-the-Lake


5"X3" Marker on paper



Another one for the Urban Sketchers Flickr group. Actually I feel like a bit of a fraud presenting Niagara-on-the-Lake pictures as "urban", it is such a very small town. However, it is the best I can come up with right now as that is where I am every day. I got a window seat at the Epicurean today, I am not brave enough to sketch outside yet.

It has been very mild for several days and we have had a fair bit of rain which has washed much of the snow away, although there are still a few piles of dirty slush as in the foreground of this picture. The weather is changing again now and temperatures are plumetting again. I was talking to some people who drove up from Buffalo today where the schools are closed because of snow and sleet and dreadful road conditions. I guess we get it next.

Comments

  1. Nice sketch. Reminds me of Charles Burchfield, especially the snow and that store across the street. To my mind, if it doesn't have cows, it's urban.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts