Thursday, 12 February 2009

Queen Street Niagara-on-the-Lake


5"X3" Marker on paper



Another one for the Urban Sketchers Flickr group. Actually I feel like a bit of a fraud presenting Niagara-on-the-Lake pictures as "urban", it is such a very small town. However, it is the best I can come up with right now as that is where I am every day. I got a window seat at the Epicurean today, I am not brave enough to sketch outside yet.

It has been very mild for several days and we have had a fair bit of rain which has washed much of the snow away, although there are still a few piles of dirty slush as in the foreground of this picture. The weather is changing again now and temperatures are plumetting again. I was talking to some people who drove up from Buffalo today where the schools are closed because of snow and sleet and dreadful road conditions. I guess we get it next.