Old Apple Trees




5"X7" Pencil on paper

I spent far too much time fiddling around with some new php code that I might incorporate into my website. So here I am, getting close to midnight and having to bang something out in a hurry.


Most of the fruit trees around here are pretty young. Fashions change pretty fast and it isn't at all unusual to see whole orchards of apparently healthy trees ripped up and new trees planted in their place. A new variety may be more in demand than the old one, or maybe they just travel better, never mind the taste. So it is quite unusual to see a well-tended orchard of old trees like this one.

This is a subject that would probably lend itself to treatment with oils much more readily than pencil or watercolour, but I seem to be setting myself a lot of challenges lately.

Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts